In this role, you will create engaging digital content around NBCU shows and talent, including NBC, Bravo, and USA Network.
Reporting to Editor-in-chief, you will be a strong and fast writer with excellent judgment on the news. You’ll have a keen eye to identify compelling news in NBCU programming and celebrity spaces, and the ability to write crisp, clickable headlines. You’ll need to marry your editorial instincts with a healthy dose of data to help guide your decision-making, both in daily content selection as well as long-term content planning.
As a member of the larger marketing team, you will need to create compelling content that will energize NBCU audiences and promote our linear programming, digital platforms, and other business priorities. The ideal candidate is rooted in current and past NBCU programming, with a deep understanding of entertainment and pop culture trends.
-Identify daily entertainment and lifestyle news
-Run daily news reports and long lasting features with little oversight
-Creation of a social copy to promote all written content; help publish on platforms as needed
-Coordinate relevant media with photo and video teams, including selecting the best images to tell the story
-Use analytics to help inform future content
-Conduct talent interviews and cover events as needed, work after hours and on weekends occasionally
-Stay on top of all the happenings of the NBC Entertainment universe, in real time and watching linear episodes
-Work cross-functionally with teams outside of our group, including branding, social media, communications and production
– At least 3 years of experience with established digital outlets, including publishing within a CMS
– Solid experience writing entertainment, pop culture and celebrity content in a fast paced digital news environment, demonstrated experience in creating timely content under time pressure
– Proven track record of sound judgment on news with the ability to create concise, clickable headlines
– Experience reporting, interviewing and working directly with talents and publicists
– Working knowledge of social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Facebook Business Manager, Twitter, TikTok)
– Experience using data analytics (including Parse.ly, Chartbeat, DOMO, Omniture) to contribute editorial strategy and inform content decisions
– Comfortable working with the data team to perform personalized analyzes
– Experience in using the Drupal content management system is useful but not essential
– Knowledge of video production and YouTube is a plus
– Experience in the e-commerce space and working with brands on sponsored content is a plus
– Detailed knowledge and passion for the world of NBC Entertainment is a huge plus
NBCUniversal owns and operates more than 20 different businesses in 30 countries, including a valuable portfolio of information and entertainment television networks, a leading film company, major television production operations, a group of television stations world-class, world-famous theme parks and a premium ad-supported program. streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal is all about inclusion for everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and our impact.
It is NBCUniversal’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, age , national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in uniformed services, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider qualified applicants with a criminal history for employment in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance For Hiring Order, where applicable.