Asia’s largest digital entertainment festival IndiaJoy has announced that the Mobile Premier League (MPL), Asia’s largest esports and skill-gaming platform, has become the main sponsor of the upcoming extravaganza which will be held virtually from November 16 to 19. The annual event is organized by the Telangana Virtual Animation and Gaming Association (TVAGA) and supported by the Telangana government.
The digital entertainment festival, in its fourth edition, brings together companies, business leaders, content creators, professionals from the gaming, animation, digital media and entertainment industries, and will feature VFX , OTT Pulse, Influencer Conference, DesiToons and India Game Developer Conference (IGDC), details of which are mentioned below.
This edition of IndiaJoy expects international participants from over 50 countries and world-renowned, leading AVGC and many tech giants are ready to share advancements in new and emerging technologies.
âWe are delighted to present this year’s edition of IndiaJoy with TVAGA and the Telangana government. Hyderabad has become the next big gaming destination after Bangalore, and an event like IndiaJoy, which brings all stakeholders together under one roof, will further strengthen engagement within the industry. Our vision at MPL is to revolutionize the mobile gaming and esports landscape not only in India but globally and we look forward to sharing our experience and insights and deepening insights that will propel the industry forward. before, âsaid the co-founder and CEO of MPL. Sai Srinivas.
Sharing details of the virtual meeting, IndiaJoy Program Director Sunil Chakravarthi said, âTelangana, the youngest state in the country, has organized and hosted world-class events. IndiaJoy, the original idea of ââTelangana has seen significant success in its last three editions, and this global digital festival is attracting huge interest among many experts in the AVGC industry. Although this edition is virtual, we see an advantage in it, as the speakers and participants are unlimited. Over 500 delegates, over 18,000 attendees, over 200 leads and over 100 roundtables already confirmed, we’ve already seen a 2.5-fold increase in attendance this year, nothing short of an event international physics full of joy, yes ‘Virtual is Reality’. “
âOver the past three editions, IndiaJoy has played an important role in boosting the AVGC industry in Asia. It has also helped shine the spotlight on the city of Hyderabad as one of the major hubs of the global digital entertainment industry. The media and entertainment sector is expected to grow at a CAGR of 13.7% to reach 2.23 trillion rupees (US $ 30.6 billion) by 2023. The Telangana government has been in the forefront. guard of the new digital entertainment revolution that requires a state to promote the use, adoption and adaptation of advanced technologies, âsaid city administrator and urban development, industry and commerce from Telangana government, ITE & C Minister KT Rama Rao.
âWe continue to build a robust ecosystem, a core infrastructure to promote advanced technologies, which is essential for success. Initiatives like Image Towers and the organization of global events like IndiaJoy, which encompass animation, visual effects, OTT and games, have catalyzed the growth of the industry in Hyderabad and India. Our vision is to make IndiaJoy an event that the world looks forward to every year, âhe added.
âIndia has recently seen tremendous growth in the creative and digital technology sector (AVGC sector) with an estimated reach of three lakh crore (approximately USD 44 billion) by 2024. Hyderabad has always been the epicenter growth in this sector and Telangana Govt has played a key role in promoting this ecosystem. Now that we are at a time where we are witnessing rapid growth, it involves a lot of strategic value to keep the momentum going by continuing to support such a mega event like India Joy, âsaid the Department of Industries and Commerce (I&C ) and information technology (IT) of the Telangana government. Principal Secretary Jayesh Ranjan.
The organizers of the event, members of the central committee of TVAGA – Rajiv Chilaka (president), Mr. Sridhar Muppidi – (VP), Madhava Reddy – secretary general, played a crucial role in bringing their experience and passion to make from IndiaJoy a platform that stimulates the fame and progress of the Indian AVGC industry internationally.
Speaking about the upcoming event, TVAGA mentor and founder and CEO of Green Gold Studios Rajiv Chilaka said: Businesses and creatives alike are heading for a single platform. IndiaJoy was created to celebrate the success of the industry, showcase the talent within it, and provide a space for AVCGI leaders to deliberate on the way forward. We’ve accomplished all of this in our previous editions, and we’re looking to continue building the event to encompass more ideas, people, and technology. ”
âIndia’s trajectory in the digital media world is exponential and is now a globally recognized force to be reckoned with. Creative technological innovations in AVGC are also known to be imported into adjacent industries such as education and R&D design. Telangana has demonstrated strong strategic intent by partnering with industry and academia with political and infrastructural support to bring the games, visual effects and animation industries to new levels of performance. performance. IndiaJoy is the forum that celebrates milestones and acts as a torchbearer for the state. Connections and collaborations are what I hope to see flourish at this year’s event, âsaid Biren Ghose, Chairman of the CII National Committee for AVGC and National Director of Technicolor.
India’s media and entertainment industry is witnessing a new era of game-changing development and IndiaJoy will see industry pioneers share their ideas. In previous editions, IndiaJoy has attracted exhibitors from all over the world including Adobe, Netflix, Sony, British Columbia, Moiba, Gametion, Australian Trade Commission, Victoria Trade, Unity Epic and Homa Games.
Since its inaugural edition, IndiaJoy has registered a record number of visitors to attract more than 30,000 attendees, visitors and global delegates. In particular, attracting investments of $ 10 million over the past three years and catalyzing the emergence of startups.
Here are the details of the events that take place there:
1. VFX- This year, the VFX Summit will see the participation of VFX giants from around the world, with a lineup of conferences, panel discussions and networking sessions. Summit attendees include some of the industry’s largest studios, visual effects specialists, shows, students, brands, agencies and creative professionals.
A global visual effects summit on a global scale debuted at IndiaJoy 2019 in Hyderabad, the emerging creative city of the world, home to film, television, visual effects, animation and game companies world famous video. The purpose of the event is to facilitate B2B virtual networking, exposure and expert discussions on high-end visual effects that are in high demand. Tv shows looking for cutting edge VFX work assuring industry to thrive lately and much more knowledge sharing is expected at this VFX summit.
2. OTT Pulse – IndiaJoy’s OTT Pulse will see content creators, industry experts, senior media executives and leading digital platforms present and discuss their opportunities, challenges and strategies in partnership with Green Gold Animation, OTT Pulse will dive in the world of creating and delivering truly personalized content.
OTT Pulse will be part of the inaugural event this November 16 and will feature multiple panels and speeches that will include representation from major digital platforms, such as NetFlix, Amazon Prime Video, Viu, VOOT, Aaha and ZEE5, among others.
According to a recent CII-BCG report, the number of paid OTT subscriptions increased by 55-60% to 100-125 million in 2020, up from 49 million subscriptions in 2018.
The combination of low-cost mobile data, affordable smartphones, fresh content, and lockdown-induced boredom has been a game-changer for the OTT industry. The way audiences consume content has changed dramatically during the pandemic, with the number of people turning to OTT increasing sharply, due to both the pandemic and the proliferation of streaming services.
With the rise of massive artists like the crazy success of Netflix Squid game came like a thunderclap for viewers around the world. Our own India is famous Chota Bheem, had made many stuck to OTT platforms in India. The pandemic has caused big budget and smaller films to be shown on these platforms as well.
3. Influencers Conference- India’s largest influencer convention that provides a platform for aspirants to connect with famous influencers and industry experts. Influencer Conference allows attendees to meet, connect and showcase top talent to national and international industry stakeholders. This is where production houses, motivational speakers and budding young artists come together to create a unified talent show where people can enjoy and have the chance to learn and inspire.
4. Desi Toons- An ideal platform for animation content creators, studio executives, animators, and students to gain insight from leaders in creation, broadcast and distribution. The animation sector is growing rapidly, the congregation will see industry leaders, content creators and broadcasters from the Indian animation industry share their ideas on how to succeed in dynamic times and today’s disruptors. India’s media and entertainment industry is witnessing a new era of game-changing development and IndiaJoy will see industry pioneers share their ideas.
5. IGDC (Game Developers Conference India) – IGDC, India’s premier event for game developers, is a major catalyst for the growth of the Indian gaming ecosystem and sees enthusiastic participation from game developers, publishers and investors every year. Its goal is to support and empower game developers with perspectives, skills and networking opportunities in the presence of industry leaders and investors.
The event is expected to bring together around 10,000 people, over 120 industry experts, over 100 online booths, 30 publishers and 30 investors. Unreal Engine will be the main sponsor and MPL and AWS will be the gold sponsors of the event.