LOS ANGELES, November 18, 2021 / PRNewswire / – Electric Monster Media, Inc. officially announces a major fundraiser to acquire and develop digital video channels, the acquisition of one of the most popular digital brands, React Media – which boasts 200M monthly views across all platforms – and the appointment of a top management team. Electric Monster, which acquired YouTube media agency Little Monster, is an evolution of the old company and is run by Matt Gielen, a leading YouTube strategist with extensive experience in digital entertainment channels, having been instrumental in the massive growth of properties such as Nickelodeon, Nick Jr. and Fandango’s Movieclips. As part of its official launch, Electric Monster capitalized the company with a credit facility of Group of metropolitan partners and donor equity, including Heroic enterprises (directed by Michel Fertik), Capital of creators (run by a former YouTube executive Benjamin grubbs), All business partners (directed by Eric Gutshall), and Vikrant Mathur & Alok ranjan (the founders of Avenir Today Inc.) with additional investors who include established executives from private equity and venture capital firms.
“We have worked strategically behind the scenes to develop a new path to invest, acquire and grow data-driven IP from digital video channels, and we couldn’t be more excited to finally come out from behind the curtain and shake up the industry a bit, “said Matt Gielen, CEO and co-founder of Electric Monster. “Although it is in its infancy, the digital video ecosystem and creator economy is huge; YouTube alone has over 2 billion users logged in each month and one billion hours watched. everyday. Electric Monster is focused on finding and investing in the chains of these platforms with significant unrealized potential, and integrating them into the valuable properties that they are meant to be. Officially launched with one of the world’s best-known digital brands, React Media, really sets the stage for what’s to come with Electric Monster. “
React Media is Electric Monster’s 5th acquisition to date. As part of its acquisition of React Media, Electric Monster will take over all IPs under the React Media umbrella, including React, People vs. Food (formerly Replay) and Try Not To, which also includes the entire social footprint of these brands, including YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, and more. Additionally, nearly the entire React Media team will remain to continue managing the channels, while Electric Monster will leverage its proprietary data-driven audience growth and optimization methodologies to continue to operate. expand brand reach with new and existing content.
Additionally, a world-class team of leading industry executives has been recruited as Electric Monster co-founders, representing over 100 years of combined relevant experience. In addition to Matt Gielen as CEO and co-founder, the team members include:
- Harry jho – One of the world’s best kids and family YouTube operators. As CEO and Founder of Sockeye Media, Jho created Mother Goose Club, which generated more than 30 billion views with more than 30 million subscribers on 8 channels. In addition, he is a three-time Emmy Award-winning television producer.
- Elan Freedman – Director of Surge Licensing, a leading intellectual property licensing and development agency. Developed over 20 consumer entertainment product programs, including some of YouTube’s top native brands, through major retailers such as Walmart, Target, Amazon, and major international retailers. Most notably, Surge is the best known agency for the discovery and development of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise.
- Asa greenberg – Former Managing Director, Cornwall Capital. Producer credits include Blade Runner 2049 and numerous television and digital series. Served as Head of Development at Broadway Network Television and as Head of Programming at DECA (now Kin Community), a venture capital backed MCN.
- Paul hanson – Worked on more than 50 films over 20 years in the industry, including several award-winning and nominated projects; co-founded and co-managed the renowned film production and finance company QED. Formerly CEO, Covert Media; COO, Annapurna Pictures; COO, CQFD; and Chief Financial Officer, Key Creators; also served as Vice President, Corporate Development and Strategic Planning, Decibel LLC, and Director, Corporate Development and Strategic Planning, Artisan Entertainment; former investment banker at Broadview.
- Ian haft – Former Partner, Head of Private Transactions, COO, CCO, CFO of Cornwall Capital Management; Director, GenNx360 Capital Partners; Vice president ACI Capital; Partner, The Blackstone Group; Analyst, Merrill Lynch’s Mergers & Acquisitions Group; and partner, The Boston Consulting Group. Served on 12 boards of directors and currently sits on the board of directors of Ambac Financial Group.
To learn more about Electric Monster, visit the site.
ABOUT THE ELECTRIC MONSTER
Electric Monster Media, Inc. is a next-generation digital media company that invests and acquires brand-friendly digital video channels to evolve and grow their audiences, turning them into world-class business operations. By leveraging proprietary data-driven growth and optimization techniques, Electric Monster strategically expands and extends the reach of its channels. Led by a team of media industry veterans, Electric Monster is focused on finding promising strings with high potential and helping them develop them into the valuable properties they are meant to be. For more information on Electric Monster Media Inc., please visit www.electricmonstermedia.com.
Kat Jones, RP Motiv, [email protected]
SOURCE Electric Monster Media