HOUSTON (KIAH) – After much waiting, Lovett Advertising, the developer behind POST Houston, the mixed-use adaptive reuse project that turned Barbara Jordan’s historic post office site into a commercial and cultural destination, finally opened to the public on Saturday, November 13e with a big opening party open to the public.
POST Houston offers the city’s most diverse international food and market venue with over 30 vendors, Live Nation’s 713 Music Hall, Skylawn one of the nation’s largest rooftop parks and farms, workspaces and office, retail and art installations.
Speakers at the grand opening ceremony included real estate owner Frank Liu (CEO, Lovett Commercial) and Cindy Liu, and their son Kirby Liu (project manager, Lovett Commercial). Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner was also in attendance. Andy Icken (Director of Development, City of Houston), Bob Eury, David Mincberg and Jason Long (Partner, OMA) also shared details about the giant project.
Here is an overview:
POST Houston opens this futuristic adaptive reuse development with a free to the public festival that combines star musicians with world-class cuisine and curated art exhibitions.
Exotic luxury vehicles were on display and leaders from Houston’s entrepreneurial community completed a full day of programming.
Opening events included:
- Rooftop Yoga with Black Swan Yoga on Skylawn with Panoramic City Skyline Views
- Live music starting at noon with headliners including Fat Tony, Com Truise, Matthias Meyer, Matthew Dear and Danny Tenaglia
- Art installations featuring works by Drew Bacon, Charles Lim Yi Yong and Pam Francis
- Day and night markets with more than 70 vendors
- A luxury and exotic auto show with Aston Martin
- A trade show in partnership with Houston Young Professionals sponsored by Aston Martin
- College football screening with tailgating event organized by Michelob ULTRA
- A nighttime screening of Gray Gardens on Skylawn overlooking the city skyline in partnership with Houston Cinema Arts
- A Cirque Noir evening at the end of the evening
For more information visit: www.posthtx.com/grand-opening
Thank you for visiting CW39.com. Every weekday morning, join us for WITHOUT WAITING + TRAFFIC from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. Plus, “Houston Happens” every morning at 9:30 am.
Latest videos, No Wait Weather, NO WAIT TRAFFIC and news.
FOLLOW CW39 HOUSTON ON Twitch, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Youtube
Join us every evening from 9 p.m. to 10 p.m. for your news at 9 p.m.
- Julio Lugo, former Astros shortstop, dies at 45
Lugo spent 12 seasons (2000-2011) in Major League Baseball playing for the Astros for four seasons and then for the Rays for four seasons. He then spent part of three seasons with the Red Sox and spent a year or less with the Dodgers, Braves, Orioles and Cardinals.
- Houston doctor suspended for ‘spreading dangerous false information’ about COVID-19
The Houston Methodist said Bowden, who only recently joined the staff, “offers dangerous misinformation that is not based on science.”
- JOBS: FedEx opens new plant in Houston and hires 185 jobs
FedEx Seeks to Hire 185 Local Team Members to Meet Growing Service Demand
- Beto O’Rourke to launch campaign in Houston on Friday
On Friday morning, O’Rourke is due to visit the home of a victim of the February winter storm that left several Texans without power or heat. Then in the evening, O’Rourke will attend his first campaign launch event.
- Man who flew to edge of space with William Shatner dies in New Jersey plane crash
The space tourist is remembered for his love of aviation
Suggest a correction