An SBI phishing scam warning has been issued to customers! Hackers try to steal their money through text messages and emails. Here are some tips to protect yourself.
The State Bank of India (SBI) has issued a warning to its users of several phishing scams. The scammers allegedly sent emails and text messages asking users to enter their KYC (Know Your Customer) information. The message contains a fraudulent link through which fraudsters gain access to users’ bank details and steal money. The SBI phishing scam was first spotted by the Assam Police Criminal Investigation Department. They had issued a warning to SBI customers against such scams. They tweeted that SBI clients mainly receive calls and messages from two phone numbers – +918294710946 and +91-7362951973 – to update their KYC details on a fake SBI portal.
They wrote: “SBI customers are receiving calls from two nos. -+91-8294710946 & +91-7362951973 asking them to click on a phishing link for the KYC update. Ask all SBI customers not to click on such a phishing/suspicious link.
SBI also retweeted CID Assam’s tweet and wrote, “Do not engage with these numbers and click on #phishing links for KYC updates as they are not associated with SBI. ”
Not only this SBI, but customers have also shared screenshots of messages asking them to update their PAN map and other details. SBI has also issued guidelines for customers to protect against such phishing attacks. Know how to protect yourself from online scammers
How to protect yourself from scammers
1. Do not respond to any unsolicited emails, messages or phone calls requesting your personal or financial information or asking to update it on any site.
2. In case of any question or doubt, always contact your bank directly through official channels and verify the authenticity of such calls or messages.
3. Never give out personal information including account numbers, passwords or any other transaction details over SMS.
4. Do not click on embedded links in email or messages that claim to take you to a secure site.
5. Always visit SBI official portal for any questions.